Updated · Feb 08, 2023
Whether it’s cutting down costs or you’re simply tired of the service, there are many reasons why you might want to cancel your Hulu subscription.
However, the company hasn’t made the process easy – probably (certainly!) to prevent users from unsubscribing.
This article will show you how to cancel your Hulu subscription. You’ll also learn how to do it on:
- Desktop through a browser
- iPhone through an app
- Android through an app
- Third-party add-ons
How to Cancel Hulu?
The Hulu cancellation process varies, depending on the device you’re using.
Here’s a little secret:
Unsubscribing via the website on a desktop browser is the easiest.
As mentioned earlier, Hulu doesn’t want you to unsubscribe, so the process can be a bit tedious. Moreover, it spams you with the option to reconsider or pause the service on each step.
However, if you’re sure that you’d rather unsubscribe, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide.
On Desktop through a Browser
As we already said – this is the easiest option:
- Log into your Hulu account from a web browser.
- Click on Log-in and fill in your details.
- Once logged in, select your name at the top right corner of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select Account.
- Navigate to Cancel Your Subscription and click on Cancel.
- Hulu will tempt you with a few offers to get you to pause the service instead. It might also ask a few questions about why you want to unsubscribe.
- If you still want to cancel your Hulu plan, click Continue To Cancel.
- After that, your subscription will end.
After this process, you’ll still have access to the service until the end of your billing period.
However, if you were using the trial version, your access will be terminated immediately.
That was easy, right?
Now, let's take a look at how to close your Hulu account on other devices.
On iPhone through an App
Let’s get this out of the way – you can’t unsubscribe directly from your Hulu app if you use an iPhone.
However, you can do it via:
- Apple subscriptions
Canceling Hulu via Apple subscriptions
- Click on your iPhone’s Settings icon.
- Click on your Apple ID and scroll to Subscriptions.
- You’ll see a list of the services you’re subscribed to. Select Hulu.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm the cancellation to stop Hulu membership.
Canceling Hulu via iTunes
If you subscribed to Hulu using iTunes, you could always unsubscribe via the service. The process is fast and easy:
- Open the iTunes app on your device.
- Select Account at the top panel of the screen.
- A drop-down screen will appear; click on View My Account.
- Under the Settings option, click on Manage next to Subscriptions.
- You’ll see a list of all the services you’ve subscribed to via iTunes.
- Select Edit next to Hulu.
- From here, follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your subscription.
On Android through an App
If you’re an Android user, here’s how to cancel the Hulu bundle from your device:
- Launch the Hulu app.
- Select Profile, then Account.
- You’ll be asked to re-enter your password.
- On the new screen, scroll down till you find Cancel Your Subscription and click on Cancel.
- They’ll ask you to “Just hit Pause.” Click on Continue to Cancel.
- A list of questions about why you’ve chosen to unsubscribe will pop up. Select the options that apply to you and click on Continue to Cancel.
- You’ve successfully unsubscribed.
You can also deactivate your Hulu free trial following the same steps.
It’s possible to sign-up for Hulu as an add-on under other paid services. Some popular third-party platforms that allow it include:
- Amazon Prime
Let’s see how to deactivate the Hulu service if you’ve subscribed through any of the listed above.
Unsubscribing Through Spotify
Here’s how to cancel the service if you’ve subscribed to Hulu through Spotify Premium:
- Log into your Spotify account from your computer.
- Click on Profile on the top right corner of the screen.
- On the drop-down, click on Account.
- Locate Spotify Premium with Hulu on the right corner of the screen. Click on Manage Plan.
- A Subscription and Payment page will open. Click on Change or Cancel under Spotify Premium with Hulu.
- Select Remove Hulu.
- Confirm that you want to remove the service. Click on Remove Hulu again.
Note that you can’t cancel Hulu on Spotify’s mobile app.
Unsubscribing Through Amazon Prime
Apart from the shows and movies on Amazon Prime, the platform lets you add other video streaming services as add-ons. This means you can pay for and cancel Hulu via Amazon.
To cancel via Amazon, follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Amazon account with a web browser on your computer.
- Select Accounts and List at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on Your Accounts and then Your Devices and Content.
- Navigate to the Things you can do section and select Manage App store subscriptions.
- Scroll until you find Hulu, and select the Action button next to it.
- On the drop-down, select Turn off auto-renewal.
- Confirm the cancellation, and that’s how you cancel the Hulu bundle through Amazon Prime.
Unless you’re using an Android device, you might not be able to end a Hulu plan on your mobile phone app. Doing it through a desktop browser is the most straightforward way.
Of course, there’s a way around it. For instance, if you have an iPhone, you can unsubscribe via iTunes or your Apple subscriptions.
In addition, if you’ve subscribed to Hulu from a third-party service, you’ll have to cancel directly from that service.
Is it hard to cancel Hulu?
No, it isn’t. However, the process can be a bit convoluted on some devices. For example, iPhone users can’t end their Hulu subscription directly from the app. The easiest method is always through the Hulu website, accessed through the browser on your computer.
How do I cancel my 30 days free trial on Hulu?
If you don’t want to continue with the service after your trial period, be sure to cancel before it elapses. Otherwise, you’ll be charged for the next month.
To cancel, refer to our section on How to cancel Hulu on a desktop through a browser.
Why can’t I cancel Hulu?
It might not be straightforward, but it’s definitely not impossible to cancel your Hulu subscription. If you’re experiencing any difficulties, it could be the device you are using – canceling through your PC is usually the easiest way.
To learn how to cancel Hulu on any device, check out our in-depth guide.
Omolara believes that words are powerful and storytelling can change the world. A part of that is writing about tech and everyday software in a way that's fun and easy to understand. When she's not behind her laptop, she can be found reading a book from the fantasy genre or rewatching The Office, Friends or The Big Bang Theory.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Feb 07, 2023
Updated · Feb 07, 2023