How to Cancel Spotify Premium
Updated · May 10, 2022
The growing number of music streaming options might reflect on your wallet. Spotify, for exampe, will cost you $9.99 for a monthly subscription.
You’re not up for it anymore? Don’t worry.
I’ll explain how to cancel your Spotify premium subscription step by step.
But first, let’s explore what it is and how it works.
What Is Spotify Premium?
Spotify Premium is the paid plan that allows you to stream and listen to music without ads. As mentioned earlier, it costs $9.99 a month.
What does Spotify Premium include?
Unlike the free tier, this subscription allows you to unlimited skips. You can also play the song in whatever order you like. This covers both the mobile app and the desktop version.
The Spotify premium membership also lets you download any song you like. That way, you can play them offline and save your mobile data.
This paid version also offers better audio quality streams. While the free version provides 95kbps audio quality on mobile and 160kbps on PC, the premium plan plays tracks at 360kbps.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium
You can either cancel Spotify premium from your web browser or via your Apple ID settings.
Let’s break down both options.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium from a Web Browser
Canceling Spotify premium can not be done directly from the mobile app. You will need to log in to your account from a desktop web browser.
Then you should:
- Click on Available Plans on the menu list.
- Next, scroll down the list of available plans until you get to Spotify Free.
- Tap the Cancel Premium button.
- Choose Continue to cancel.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to cancel your premium subscription. Click on Yes, Cancel.
If you do not have access to a PC, you can also cancel your Spotify premium from a mobile web browser.
Here’s how to do that:
- On your mobile web browser, type in spotify.com/account and log in.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Tap on Your Plan.
- Next, click on Change Plan.
- Scroll through the list of plans until you get to Spotify Free.
- Click on Cancel Premium.
- Choose Continue to Cancel.
- Finally, select Yes, Cancel.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium through Apple ID Settings
Here’s the tricky part - you would only be able to cancel your subscription through your Apple ID settings.
Here’s how to cancel Spotify premium on iPhone:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Click on your name and Apple ID at the top of the settings page
- Next, tap on Subscriptions
- Find and select Spotify.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
Your Spotify subscription will be automatically canceled. You can reactivate it whenever you want.
How to Delete Your Spotify Account
Deleting your Spotify account is easy. But - you will lose your listening history, playlists, and any other you may currently enjoy.
- Log in to your Spotify account via a web browser.
- Go to the Contact Support page and select Account.
- Select I want to close my Spotify account permanently.
- Once you click that, your account will be deleted and you will lose all the benefits that come with a Spotify membership.
Spotify Premium lets you stream and download music without ads. It also lets you create an unlimited number of playlists to listen to offline.
Overall, it has a lot of benefits and it is reasonably priced.
If you’re sure you don’t need it anymore, we’ve got your back. Just follow the steps listed in our guide above and voila - Dobby is a free elf.
Why Can’t I Cancel My Spotify Subscription?
If you can’t find the option to cancel your Spotify subscription, it is probably because you signed up via a third party like Facebook or iTunes.
Worry not - you just need click your Apple ID or Facebook settings and the issue will be solved.
Also, if you have another account that has an active Premium subscription, you might not be able to cancel.
How do I Stop Automatic Renewal on Spotify?
To stop automatic renewal on Spotify, log in to your account and click on Subscriptions on the top left menu. Next, tap on Manage. You will be directed to a list of subscription options. Click on Spotify Premium and then turn off Automatic Renewal. Tap on Done.
If you do not find this option on your Spotify account, you may need to cancel your subscription. When you do, you will still have access to Spotify premium benefits until the end of the month. Also, you can always reactivate.
How do I Cancel my Subscription on Spotify?
Here’s how to cancel Spotify premium subscription:
- Log in to your account and select Subscription on the top left menu.
- Scroll down till you get to your subscription type.
- Next, click the Change or Cancel button and then choose Cancel Premium.
- You will be asked to confirm. Select Yes, Cancel.
Techjury.net's manager. Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.