How to Clip on Twitch?
Updated · May 10, 2022
Twitch sure has a huge community - it boasts over 9 million creators.
Naturally, viewers have created small fan bases. Among them, highlights from different streams have become pretty popular.
But what if there isn’t one of your favorite streamer? Or the available ones don’t do them justice.
I’ll show you how to clip on Twitch and save all the intense, fun, or important moments.Follow my lead.
How to Clip on Twitch?
Here’s how to make a clip on Twitch on any device:
Open the Twitch app and go to the stream or a previous broadcast you wish to make a clip of. Hover your mouse over it and click on the Clip button.
Tip: Use the Alt+X (Windows) or the Option+X (Mac) keyboard shortcut to start clipping faster.
A new window or browser tab should open and load the clip creation screen. Choose the desired length, add a title, and click Publish.
Next, you will see the Twitch clip, and you can copy the link or directly share it via social media. You can also use the Embed (</>) icon to insert the video into a website.
Follow the steps below to learn how to clip on Twitch mobile. It’s the same for both the iOS and Android OS.
- Open the Twitch app and go to the desired stream or broadcast.
- Tap on the video and click on the Clip button.
- Once you click it, it will load your clip. You can either choose to directly share it or you can choose the Twitch clip length first.
- To trim it click Edit.
Now that you’ve learned how make Twitch clips, let me show you how to manage them.
How to Manage Twitch Clips?
First things first.
You need to learn how to edit clips on Twitch.
Twitch Video Editor
Thankfully, the platform has its own video editor. So, there’s no need to download addtiional software to make and modifty Twitch clips.
To select the length, make a clip and trim it accordingly. 60-seconds is the maximum.
You can also give your creation a title before publishing it from the field below the timeline.
You can change the title after you’ve published it. You have to:
- Open the Twitch app and navigate to your avatar.
- Click on the Creator Dashboard button from the drop-down menu.
- A new pop-up window will show up on your dashboard. Navigate to the Content section and click on Clips.
You will see all the clips on Twitch that you’ve created.
Choose the clip you want to edit the title of. Change it and click the Save button.
To use the Twitch clip editor from an iPhone or Android device, you have:
- Open the Twitch mobile app.
- Create a clip and then select Edit underneath its preview.
- Select the desired length and tap on Done.
If you want to edit its title after publishing, you can:
- Open the Twitch creator dashboard by typing in www.twitch.tv/dashboard in your web browser.
- Go to the Navigation panel in the top left corner. Find the Content section and select the Clips option.
- Select a previously created clip on Twitch.
- Change the title in the field and click Save.
As you can see, editing is easy but quite limited.
Sharing Twitch Clips
Now that you know how to create and edit a clip on Twitch, you’d probably want to share it with friends. It’s easy, really.
Open the Twitch app and make a clip by following the steps in this guide. Once it’s done, you’ll see a Share option. You can post your creation on:
And more. You can also add it to your website or use the link to show it to your friends.
It’s just as easy to do it on mobile.
You know how to create a clip on Twitch already. After you’re done, you will see a couple of options for sharing. They include social media, Twitch Whisper and a good ol’ link.
Downloading Twitch Clips
If you’ve ever wondered how to save a Twitch clip to your phone - I’ve got you.
There are two options:
External Clip Downloader
The first one is by using an external website. This one allows you to save a Twitch clip by copying and pasting the link to it.
All you have to do is launch your web browser and go to www.clipr.xyz. Then, paste the link of the video into the field and click Download now.
On the next page, you can select the quality of the clip. After you choose, it will start downloading.
You can also share it by clicking the Share button in the top right corner and copying the link.
Twitch Dashboard Downloader
Another method to save Twitch clips on a mobile device is by downloading them directly from your creator dashboard.
To do it on a desktop device or a laptop, open the Creator Dashboard by typing www.dashboard.twitch.tv in your web browser. Go to the Content section and select the Clips option. Select a clip and click on the Share button. Once you’ve clicked it, you will see a Download icon underneath. Tap on it.
Your clip will start downloading immediately.
It’s basically the same. Open the Creator Dashboard, go to Content, click on Clips. Choose one, tap on Share and you’ll be able to download it.
Deleting Twitch Clips
If you are bored with your clips, you can delete them by accessing your Twitch clip manager. To do so on a PC:
- Open the Creator Dashboard.
- Go to the Content section.
- Select the Clips option.
- Choose a video you wish to get rid of and click on the Recycle bin icon.
- You will be prompted to confirm, so, just click Delete.
To do so on a mobile device, follow the same steps as on a PC.
- Open your dashboard, go to Content, select the Clips option, and choose a video.
- Tap on the Recycle bin icon and confirm your choice.
- You can also select multiple videos and delete them all at once.
Now you know how to clip on Twitch.
Not only that, but you also know how to edit and share your creations. You no longer have to rely on other users to capture your favorite content.
But why stop now? Why not become a Twitch streamer yourself?
Techjury.net's manager. Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.