How to Delete Facebook
Updated · May 10, 2022
Are you fed up with the world’s most popular social network?
Billions of people use this social media giant daily, according to Facebook statistics. So then, why do you want to unfriend it?
It's okay; we're not here to pass judgment. Rather than that, let us assist you in learning how to delete Facebook.
How to Delete a Facebook Account?
Before we jump into deleting your account, let's consider the following:
- Facebook allows you to download a copy of your information, including posts, photos, and other important memories.
- You have only 30 days to change your mind and cancel the deletion. After which, you will be unable to access or recover any data.
- Once Facebook deletes your account, all user information is permanently gone.
- You will be unable to access Facebook Messenger anymore.
- After deleting Facebook, you cannot use your login details for other applications that you sign in with using your Facebook account.
- To regain access to your account, you can contact customer support or use Facebook's App Settings to revoke permissions.
Now that you know what happens when you delete your account permanently, let's see how to get off Facebook:
On a PC
- Log in to your Facebook account in a browser.
- On the top right of your screen, click the drop-down arrow.
- Go to Settings & Privacy, and then select Settings.
- On the left side of your screen, you will see Your Facebook Information.
- After you tap the information button, Facebook will direct you to the page below:
- You will see the Deactivation and deletion section. Click on the View button.
- Next - select the Delete account section. And then the Continue to account deletion one.
- You will see the following window:
- When you tap on the Delete account button, you must type in your password and click Continue.
- And voila! That is how to delete Facebook through a browser.
Now let’s see how to do it on a mobile device:
- Open the Facebook app and log in.
- You will see a three-lined icon on your top right on Android or bottom right on iOS. Tap on it.
- Then go to Setting & Privacy, and then Settings again.
- Go to Personal and account information.
- And tap on Account ownership and control.
- Click on Deactivation and deletion. Then select Delete account.
- You might select to provide a reason or go directly to Continue to account deletion.
- Before you delete your account, you will go to a page where you can choose to download information, review apps, etc.
- If you have no second thoughts, tap Delete Account, enter your password, and you are ready.
There you go – your Facebook account is gone forever.
If, after all, you decide to cancel your deletion request, go to the app, sign in to your account, and click the Cancel Deletion option.
How to Deactivate a Facebook Account?
Suppose you changed your mind, and you miss that sweet Facebook timeline of yours.
Or maybe you regret your time spent on social media but aren't just ready yet to say goodbye forever.
It's okay – instead of deleting it, you can deactivate Facebook. The advantage of such is that you may always reactivate it later with no risk of data loss.
Also, Facebook deactivation is a short-term solution that blocks your profile details from being visible. In addition, no one will be able to send you friend requests.
Unlike when deleting Facebook, no data gets deleted when deactivating your account. Also, you will still have access to Messenger and can still use Facebook login info for signing in to other applications.
The process of deactivating your account follows similar steps to deleting your account. Now, you just have to click Deactivate instead of Delete.
On a PC
- Sign in to Facebook using a browser.
- Click the drop-down menu on the top right of your screen.
- Select Setting & Privacy, then Settings again.
- Go to Your Facebook Information, then click Deactivation.
- Then enter your password and tap Deactivate account.
On a Mobile Device
- Log in to the Facebook app on your phone.
- Click on the three-lined icon on your top right on Android or bottom right on iOS.
- Tap Settings & Privacy, then Settings.
- Then go to Personal and account information.
- Select Account ownership and control.
- Click on Deactivation and deletion and choose Deactivate account.
- Enter your password, then select Continue.
And that is how you deactivate Facebook. Piece of cake!
Of course, it's up to you to decide whether you want to temporarily or permanently say goodbye to Facebook.
Deleting your Facebook account is the only way to stop using it forever. Alternatively, deactivate your account if you need to take a temporary break from social media.
A simple reactivation will bring back all your images and posts and your Facebook friends and groups when you are ready to return. However, if you never want to look back, now you know how to delete Facebook.
Techjury.net's manager. Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.