Updated · Feb 08, 2023
Third-generation AirPods brought many improvements. They are water-resistant, equipped with skin detection sensors, and provide spatial audio.
This, however, is all useless if you cannot hear the sound clearly. If you have ever found yourself asking how to make AirPods louder, I have prepared a short guide for you.
How to Make AirPods Louder?
If you find your AirPod volume low, there are a few tricks you can put to use. It’s quite simple:
With Volume Buttons
On 1st and 2nd generation AirPods, it is possible to set a separate double-tap function to each earpiece. These functions include playing and pausing, activating Siri, and setting the volume.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your AirPod charging case.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch go to Settings → Bluetooth.
- Tap the More Info (the blue circle with an i in the middle).
- Select one of the two earpieces, then assign it your desired double-tap function.
On all generations of AirPods you can ask Siri to assist you with volume control. Follow these steps:
- Say Hi Siri, to activate the AI.
- Say either Turn Up the Volume, or Turn Down the Volume to achieve the desired result.
- You may also ask Siri to pause, play music, skip to the next song, or similar tasks.
If you find your AirPods sound low during conversations you may use the headphone accommodations options to increase it.
- Make sure that you are updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Put on your AirPods and connect them to your device.
- Go to Settings → Accessibility → Audio/Visual → Headphone Accommodations → Transparency Mode.
- Tap Conversation Boost.
Apple Watch can help you adjust AirPod volume. It is so easy, it can be done in two steps.
- Open Now Playing on your Apple Watch.
- Turn the Digital Crown in order to increase and decrease volume.
There’s hardly anything more annoying than not hearing your colleagues during a work call. Or maybe there is - hearing them, instead of your music, because your AirPods are quiet.
Luckily, there’s a very easy way to solve that.
- Simply press the volume up key on your keyboard.
- Click on the volume icon and drag the slider.
Sometimes, the issue lies in the AirPods themselves - they tend to gather dust and dirt. So, the solution here would be to clean them.
The problem can also be in the fit. The AirPods Pro feature a designated test. You have to:
- Put your pods in your ears.
- Open your phone, go to Settings and then to Bluetooth.
- Tap the Info button next to your AirPods.
- You’ll see Ear Tip Test. Tap Continue and then Play.
If that doesn’t work, you can try callibrating them with your iPhone. You’ll have to:
Put the Airpods in their case and open the lid.
- Go to Bluetooth Settings.
- Tap the Info button next to AirPods.
- Choose Forget Device and confirm.
- Then, press and hold the setup button for around 15 seconds (with the case still open).
- After the AirPods reset, re-sync them with your phone.
Now you know how to make AirPods louder and can be a high-tech superhero who helps all friends in need!
You can also go back to ignoring your colleagues or other passengers on public transport.
So. What are you listening to?
Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Feb 07, 2023
Updated · Feb 07, 2023