Updated · Jan 29, 2023
Soap2day is a free streaming website where you can watch movies and TV shows for free and inadvertently download malware by clicking on one of the many ads that the site hosts.
Here’s how to remove the Soap2Day virus from a PC, Mac, or browser.
Let’s dive in.
What is a Soap2Day Virus?
Soap2Day is a popular website that streams free movies, TV shows, and series in HD video quality.
The website itself is not a virus but it is not exactly safe.
It doesn’t have copyrights to host the movies, which makes it illegal in most places in the world, and is filled with pop-up ads laden with malware that can wreak havoc on your computer.
Once the malware is on your computer, it can steal your private data and monitor your online behavior.
If you decide to watch movies and TV shows on Soap2Day anyway, you should consider getting a premium VPN solution and a good antivirus tool.
How to Remove Soap2Day Virus from your PC
If your computer gets infected with a virus you accidentally downloaded from Soap2Day, you’ll need to remove it as soon as possible to prevent it from causing any further damage.
How to Remove Soap2Day Virus from Windows
If you’ve accidentally downloaded a virus on your PC from the site, here’s how to find it and remove it:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard and open the Control Panel.
- Select Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Look for a program that looks suspicious– an app that you don’t remember downloading– and uninstall it.
Alternatively, you can try Windows’s built-in scanning tool.
- Open Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Select Scan options.
- Select Microsoft Defender Antivirus (or Windows Defender Offline scan) and click on Scan now.
Once the scan is completed, your PC will restart. To see the results:
- Go back to Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection and select Protection history.
If you can’t find an out-of-place app and the Windows Defender tool doesn’t help, you should consider getting antivirus software, like IObit Malware Fighter, which protects against all viruses, or Malwarebytes which has a free version.
How to Remove Soap2Day Virus from Mac OS
Mac devices may have a reputation for being safer than the Windows OS, but with 300.000 new pieces of malware created every day, it doesn’t make them immune to cyber attacks and viruses.
If you suspect that your Mac is infected, here’s how to remove it:
- Open Finder and click Applications.
- Go through the list of apps and look for any suspicious apps that you don’t remember installing.
- Right-click on it and select Move to Trash.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Empty button to remove the app(s) entirely.
macOS has built-in antivirus technology, called XProtect, that automatically detects, blocks, and removes malware. If it misses a corrupted file, it will probably catch it with the next update. In cases like this, the app will send you a notification to tell you how to remove it.
Alternatively, you can try MacKeeper, which comes with anti theft protection, or Intego, which has an advanced firewall.
Worth noting: If your Mac has slowed down, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s infected. Here are the top 10 Mac cleaners that can help you optimize your device’s performance.
How to Remove Soap2Day Virus from Browsers
The Soap2Day virus can hijack your browser and make unauthorized changes. It can track your online activities or redirect you to a fake search engine and send you to suspicious websites.
Also, if you notice any extensions or toolbars on your browser that you haven’t installed, there’s a good chance you got them from Soap2Day.
How to remove Soap2Day virus from Google Chrome
To remove the Soap2Day virus on Google Chrome, you’ll need to disable all dubious plugins and add-ons.
- Launch the browser and click on the three dots in the top right corner to open the main menu.
- Select More tools and click Extensions.
- Look for extensions you don’t recognize.
- Select them and click on the Remove button to delete them.
Once that’s done, you’ll need to reset the browser to its default settings to revert any changes made by the Soap2Day virus.
- Click on the three dots in your browser and select Settings.
- Click on Reset and Clean up.
- Select Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click Reset settings to confirm.
How to remove Soap2Day virus from Safari
If your Safari browser got infected with the Soap today virus, start by removing suspicious extensions:
- Launch the Safari browser and click on the Safari button from the top menu bar.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Extensions tab to open a list of currently installed extensions.
- Look for any suspicious extensions.
- Select them and click Uninstall to remove them.
After you remove corrupted extensions, you should reset your Safari browser to its default settings.
- Open the Safari browser and click on Safari.
- Select Reset Safari. From the dialog window, select the elements you want to reset.
- Click Reset to confirm.
How to Get Rid of Soap2Day Virus on iPhone
Malware-laden pop-up ads can just as easily infect your iPhone as they can your browser or computer.
The easiest way to delete a Soap2Day virus on an iPhone is to remove any suspicious apps from your phone. When you find a suspicious app on your device, long-press the app icon, and select Remove App.
You can also try restoring your iPhone to a previous version or factory resetting your phone.
A factory reset wipes everything on your phone and then installs the latest version of iOS.
To factory reset your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and tap General.
- Select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings and then, tap Erase Now.
|If you’re not sure whether your phone is infected, here’s how to check for viruses on an iPhone.|
The best thing you can do to protect yourself from accidentally downloading a Soap2Day virus is to steer clear of the website. If despite the risks, you still decide to use it, you should avoid clicking on the shady banners on the site and consider getting a good VPN as well as a reputable anti-virus tool.
Can I watch Soap2Day without getting a virus?
To improve security and privacy, you should use a VPN when visiting the website and get antivirus software that can detect network threats.
Can Soap2day give you a virus?
Soap2day itself is not a virus, but it hosts malware-laden pop-up ads which can infect your browser and computer if you click on them.
Is Soap2day safe on a laptop?
Soap2day is known to host malicious pop-up ads and is not considered a safe-to-use site.
How do I get rid of the Soap virus today?
To remove a Soap2day virus from your system, you’ll first need to delete any suspicious app or program. You can then use your computer’s built-in malware scanner to see if there's anything you might have missed.
Is Soap2day illegal?
Sopa2day is an illegal site that lets you watch TV shows and movies for free. It is illegal because it streams content that’s protected by copyright law.
Can Soap2day hack your phone?
Soap2day ads can contain malware that allows bad actors to steal your data, monitor your online activity, or make unauthorized changes to your phone.
How to remove the Soap2day virus from Mac OS?
To remove the Soap2day virus on your Mac, delete any suspicious programs. If that doesn’t work, try antivirus software.
Romj is a veteran copywriter who used to be a Jack of all trades. Now, he's trying to be a master of one: technology. He jumps down the rabbit hole to size the latest innovations up. As a content contributor for TechJury, he hopes to help you keep up in our fast-paced world with his discoveries.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Jan 28, 2023
Updated · Jan 27, 2023
Updated · Jan 26, 2023