With more than five years of experience in the background check industry, Ritesh Kumar founded Looku... | See full bio
How To Remove Yourself From Instant Checkmate?
Updated · Aug 15, 2023
Lorie is an English Language and Literature graduate passionate about writing, research, and learnin... | See full bio
Instant Checkmate is one of the biggest people search sites. To date, it performed around 1.5 billion searches.
It gathers all the information in its database from public records. You can easily find anyone’s contact details, phone numbers, home addresses, criminal records, and work history using Instant Checkmate.
However, Instant Checkmate is a data broker, which makes it at risk of cyberattacks that can result in data breaches. This can be alarming, considering that about 15 million data were exposed worldwide in 2022.
You can protect your online privacy more by removing your data from broker sites. Continue reading to learn how to opt out of Instant Checkmate.
Instant Checkmate Opt-Out Guide
The procedure of opting out of background check websites varies depending on the site itself. Instant Checkmate’s opt-out process is pretty simple.
To remove your personal information, follow these steps:
- Open a browser and go to the Instant Checkmate opt-out page.
- Enter your name and address in the search bar.
- On the search results, find your listing. Click the Remove this Record button.
- Enter your email address in the box. Then, click the Send Confirmation Email.
If you do not want to use your personal email address, you can also use a disposable one.
Check your inbox for a confirmation email. Click the Confirm Opt Out option in the email.
Instant Checkmate will begin processing your request to remove your personal information. It may take 24 to 48 hours to complete the process.
📔 Related Articles:
Alternative Ways To Opt Out Of Instant Checkmate
There are other ways to remove yourself from Instant Checkmate. You can submit a request through a Suppression Center, call using NetReputation, or use data removal tools.
Continue reading to know more about each method.
Try The Suppression Center
Instant Checkmate’s Suppression Center lets you remove your records online easily. However, this only works for Instant Checkmate subscribers. You cannot request removal if you’re not subscribed to the site’s services.
To submit a request, follow these steps:
- On your browser, go to the Instant Checkmate Suppression Center page.
- Read the displayed statement and click Please Click Here.
- Fill out the boxes with the necessary information.
- Click Delete my User Data.
- You will receive an email for the next steps to complete the request.
Request Via NetReputation
Currently, Instant Checkmate does not accept opt-out requests through a phone call. However, you can use NetReputation to remove your personal information from data brokers.
To do this, simply call 941-499-0229 on your phone. A customer service representative will assist you and direct you to the next steps.
Bear in mind that reputation managers like NetReputation come at a high price, depending on what specific service you subscribe to. They usually determine the fee after they successfully finish your service request.
Use Third-Party Tools
Removing yourself from Instant Checkmate is not only limited to the manual opt-out process. You can use third-party services to do the job.
Some of the most reputable data removal tools:
Incogni is a great help if you want to remain incognito online. It can easily scrub your personal records from Instant Checkmate by sending an opt-out request on your behalf.
Follow the steps below to use Incogni:
- Open your browser. Go to Incogni to create your account.
- Incogni will send you a verification email. Click the Verify email button.
- You will be redirected to a new window. Fill out the boxes with the necessary information and click Next.
- The next step contains an authorization form. Read it carefully and sign it digitally.
- Choose a plan that works best for you and input your payment details. Incogni costs $12.99 monthly. It also has an annual plan worth $6.49 monthly.
Once you check out, Incogni will initiate the data removal process. It will send an opt-out request to Instant Checkmate and over 180 data broker sites. You can keep track of the process through the tool’s dashboard.
💡 Did You Know?
Incogni reaches out to data brokers to delete your personal info, offering a subscription-based service for those who want better control over their data. While not perfect – it's not global and has limited data broker coverage – our Incogni review finds it affordable and user-friendly, handling everything for you.
Another specialized tool that you can use to remove yourself from Instant Checkmate is Optery.
It offers scans and self-removal features for free. You can also have the site do the removals for you if you upgrade to a core plan worth $9.99 per month. This plan handles opt-out processes for over 100 sites.
Here are the steps to use Optery:
- Open your browser and head to Optery.
- On the top-right corner, click Sign Up For Free.
- Fill out boxes with the required information to create your account.
- Optery’s dashboard will let you see which data broker sites may have your information. Search for Instant Checkmate on the list and click Show More.
- The dropdown will reveal a listing. Confirm if the information presented matches your data. Click Yes, that’s me.
- A pop-up will appear. Hit Remove Manually to initiate the opt-out process.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to remove your personal information from other data broker sites.
Pro-tip: Tick the Do not show again checkbox for a quicker process.
The opt-out process will take time and may even span for months. Monitor your profile constantly to see the status of your Instant Checkmate opt-out request.
Another third-party removal service to use if you want to remove your records from Instant Checkmate is Privacy Bee.
🎉 Fun Fact:
Privacy Bee offers a browser extension to safeguard your online browsing and lets you control your data privacy settings directly through your browser. Another effective option for removing your personal details from the Florida Residents Directory is Privacy Bee.
This tool has removed over 100 million records from data brokers. It also has provided data protection services for over 50 years.
Privacy Bee is a subscription-based service that offers different payment plans. They have short-term plans that offer scans and record removals for $1.56. You can also subscribe to a yearly plan for about $197.
Data brokers like Instant Checkmate holds your personal information in their databases. This puts your records in danger. Anyone can easily access your information and may use it for malicious intent.
Protecting your identity begins by preventing it from being exposed. It is crucial to constantly monitor your digital activity and footprint to make yourself secure.
Why is my info on Instant Checkmate?
Instant Checkmate is a people search site that gets its data from public records. The collected information could be from social media, government records, and other public data.
Will the person know if I use Instant Checkmate?
No, they will not be notified. However, make sure to use Instant Checkmate responsibly. Searching for someone's information with malicious intent may violate their privacy.
Is Instant Checkmate free to use?
Instant Checkmate is a paid service. It requires a subscription to access data reports.
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Nov 30, 2023
Updated · Dec 05, 2023