Updated · Feb 02, 2023
You hate watching ads, right? So you’ve installed on your browser a pop-up blocker to keep them at bay. However, many sites refuse to show their content unless you allow pop-up ads.
We know it’s annoying, but sometimes it’s unavoidable.
As such, we’ll teach you how to turn off your pop-up blocker on most popular browsers. And while blocking pop-up ads will ensure a more pleasant experience, we’ll also cover the basics of how to unblock them.
How To Turn Off a Pop-Up Blocker?
Each browser has a different disabling process. Fortunately, we are here to help!
Turning off Google Chrome pop-ups on a PC has never been easier.
- Within the browser, click on the three dots next to your profile avatar and then select Settings.
- Next, go to the Security and Privacy section, scroll down, and click on Pop-ups and redirects.
- If you want to allow pop-ups on Chrome, click on the first option.
To turn off the pop-up blocker in Chrome on any mobile device, you should:
- Open the browser, navigate the kebab menu, and click on Settings.
- Select the Site Settings button and tap on the Pop-ups and redirects option. Tap on the toggle to turn off the blocker.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of pop-up ads on Chrome, simply do the reverse.
There are several ways to deactivate the pop-up blocker on Firefox.
For desktop computers:
- Launch Mozilla’s browser and click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security.
- There, turn off the Block Pop-up Windows option.
For iPhone or iPad:
- Open Firefox and navigate to the three horizontal lines menu.
- Tap Settings and deactivate the Block Pop-up Windows option.
Check the steps below to learn how to disable the pop-up blocker in Edge:
- Navigate to the three-dot menu in the top right corner - next to your avatar.
- Click on Settings, then go to the Cookies and site permissions section. Tap on the Pop-ups and redirects option.
- Tap on the Block (recommended) slider button to initiate pop-blocking.
If you need to learn how to turn off the pop-up blocker on a Mac computer, or an iPhone or iPad, we’ve got you!
- Open the Safari browser and navigate to Safari > Preferences.
- Go to Websites and click on the Pop-up Windows option.
- Click the When Visiting Other Websites drop-down menu and select Allow.
For an iPhone or iPad:
- Launch Safari and navigate to the settings.
- Tap on the Block Pop-ups slider button to enable or disable the pop-up blocker.
The steps are similar if wanting to unblock pop-ups in Opera on a computer or mobile device.
- Launch the browser and navigate to the Settings from the sidebar.
- Scroll down and find Advanced.
- Go to the Privacy and Security section.
- Click to open the Site settings tab and scroll down to the Content section.
- Click on the Pop-ups and redirects option and tap on the toggle button to get rid of the pop-up blocker.
However, if you want to disable or enable pop-ups on specific sites, you need a bit of a different approach.
- Run the Opera app.
- Tap the three lines and click on the gear icon.
- Scroll down and find the Block pop-ups option under the Content section.
- Turn off the toggle button to allow pop-ups.
iPhone and iPad:
- Open Opera and tap on its logo.
- Then choose Settings and tap on the toggle button to stop blocking pop-up windows.
Voila! You now know how to remove pop-up blockers from various browsers.
Here’s a bonus tip on how to stop pop-ups on Chrome or any other popular browser:
Turn on incognito mode, and it will automatically disable your pop-up blocker.
Although most browsers come with a built-in blocker, they often aren’t effective at removing all pop-up ads. Therefore, it may be advisable to install a third-party app.
The most common one is Adblock Plus. However, many sites will force you to disable it to access their content.
As such, let’s explore how to remove this pop-up blocker.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of your browser’s window and tap on the Adblock Plus logo. You can manage the current site or page preferences from there.
- You can also manage your Adblock Plus settings when you click on the gear icon inside the logo.
- Follow these steps if you want to get rid of this pop-up blocker.
Click on the puzzle icon in the top right corner. Then select the kebab menu next to the extension’s name and click Remove from Chrome.
To remove it from Safari, follow these instructions.
- Open the browser and click on the Safari menu in the upper left corner.
- Tap on Preferences and go to the Extensions section.
- Find Adblock Plus, tap to enter the pop-up blocker settings, and click the Uninstall button.
- Navigate to the browser’s Tools menu and tap on the Add-ons button.
- Go to the Extensions section, locate Adblock Plus and click the Disable or Remove option.
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of your browser’s window.
- Click on the Extensions option.
- Find the Adblock Plus extension and click on the gear icon next to it.
- In the next tab, click on the toggle button to temporarily disable it or Uninstall to remove it.
Yes, we realize what we’ve just taught you, and well, we aren’t sorry!
We know that allowing pop-ups can be very annoying, especially when thousands are on a single web page. Yet, you can benefit from them as companies often advertise promotions through such ads. And while blocking pop-up ads will ensure you a pleasant experience, it is also good to know how to unblock them.
However, disabling pop-up blockers may leave you vulnerable to malicious software buried within these ads. And though it’s good to know how to turn off your pop-up blocker, we do not recommend it. That’s because your data security is at stake, and it should be your top priority.
Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Feb 01, 2023