How to Unpair Apple Watch?
Updated · May 10, 2022
Everybody and their aunt have an Apple Watch these days. This leads to some issues with pairing, unpairing, customizing, etc. your devices.
We can help.
Here’s a short guide on how to unpair an Apple Watch from your iPhone. We’ll also teach you how to do it without your phone nearby.
How to Unpair an Apple Watch?
In general, there are two main ways to erase your Apple Watch - with or without your iPhone. Some experts say it's better to have access to your mobile device, but we have found out that it's not necessary.
How to Unpair an Apple Watch From Your iPhone?
Before you disconnect Apple Watch from your iPhone, make sure that you remove any payment card information from your Wallet. It is a must.
Once you're ready, you can proceed with the steps:
- Keep both devices (iPhone and Apple Watch) in close proximity.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Now select the My Watch tab at the bottom of the menu, and click on All Watches in the top left corner.
- Tap the orange info button.
- Choose Unpair Apple Watch and confirm it by clicking Unpair again.
If you would like to pair your watch and phone again in the future, you will need to select Keep. If not, remove your plan.
However, it would be best to speak with your mobile service provider to cancel your subscription.
Last but not least, you should enter your Apple ID before you proceed. And the job is done!
If your goal was resetting the Apple Watch, instead of erasing it, you need to simply tap on the message saying Start Pairing.
How to Unpair an Apple Watch without an iPhone?
Sometimes, unpairing your digital tool with the iPhone might not be possible.
The Cupertino giant has ensured there is a way to unpair your Apple Watch directly from the device.
Let's see how it happens:
- You should select Settings.
- Now tap on General.
- Select the option Reset.
- Click on Erase All Content And Settings.
- If you would like to keep your plan, select Erase All & Keep Plan.
- Once you complete the procedure, go to iCloud.com to disable the Activation Lock from your computer.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to Settings.
- Under My Devices, you should find Apple Watch.
- Click on the X next to your Apple Watch to delete it.
- Select Remove to complete the operation.
And voila - it’s done!
So, there you have it.
You now know not one, but two ways to unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone.
It’s easy, really. You just need to be sure you actually want to unpair, not reset. The latter is a completely different process.
Why can't I unpair my Apple Watch?
Check if the watch is actually pairеd to the iPhone you’re trying to use. The watch being connected to another device is usually the issue in such situations.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch?
Depending on the way you prefer, you can either unpair it via using Apple Watch settings on your iPhone or if you don't have access to the smartphone, you can do it directly.
How to pair an Apple Watch on a new iPhone?
- Update your old phone as well as your Apple Watch to the latest version of iOS.
- Check your Health and Activity settings. iCloud doesn't store your data, so you may need to back it up and encrypt it.
- Back up your old iPhone.
- Set up your new phone.
How long does it take to unpair an Apple Watch?
As you can see in our step-by-step guide on how to unpair an Apple Watch, it takes between 10-15 minutes to do so.
Techjury.net's manager. Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.