Updated · Sep 26, 2022
80+ Instagram Bio Ideas to Get You Inspired
Updated · Aug 24, 2022
Writing a catchy bio for Instagram can seem deceptively easy. But, once you’re in front of that blank text box, you might find yourself stumped.
In this article, you’ll find plenty of tips and tricks for something short, sweet, and true to your brand’s voice. It also has over 80 Instagram bio ideas you can use for inspo.
Let’s get creative!
What Is An Instagram Bio?
Your bio sits at the top of your profile, right under your pic. It’s a 150-character description of your business and yourself. It can contain:
- A summary with contact information, hashtags, and emojis
- Your display name
- One external link
- Your verification badge.
Basically, your unique Instagram bio is your chance to introduce yourself and create a great first impression. It showcases your brand and provides your audience with a way to get in touch with you.
Let’s see how to use it to the best advantage!
How To Create A Good Instagram Bio Template
Did you know that Instagram reached 2 billion active users in 2022? That means there’s more than enough competition.
So, how do you stand out in that crowd?
By using every trick at your disposal — like a funny Insta bio!
Let me show you.
Add Keywords And Descriptive Words To Your Name
If you want to drive engagement your way, it’s time to familiarize yourself with Instagram SEO. The Name field in your bio is just perfect for that!
You can fill it up with keywords relevant to your niche. That way, your profile will pop up when people search for those words.
You should make sure you give your audience a sneak peek into the person behind the account. If you’re wondering what to put in your Instagram bio, here are some essentials. Always include:
- Who you are
- What you do
- What others said about you (...preferably nice things).
Share Your Interests
Adding hobbies, beliefs, and interests will flesh out your profile. It’s vital if your brand is based on your personality and you want to be more likable. It will also attract like-minded individuals and make you more relatable in general.
Share Your Contact Details
Naturally, your Instagram needs to be connected with your other socials.
You can include your email, phone number, or address for business inquiries.
Alternatively, a landing page (like Linktree) is a smart idea. It can promote multiple links to your other accounts. You can include your:
- YouTube, etc.
Add A Call-To-Action
Good Instagram bios utilize CTAs for a reason. They can draw your audience’s attention to whatever you’re promoting.
- Sharing or viewing content
- Limited time offers
- Registering for events
- Products on your website.
Usually, creators put the most important CTAs at the bottom of their bio. They also highlight them with directional emojis (👇).
Instagram Bio Hacks
Worried your profile doesn’t stand out? Here are some tricks that will add spice even to the blandest bios.
Use Different Fonts In Your Bio
On its own, Instagram doesn’t support custom fonts in your description. But, you can use free online tools and generators like LingoJam. They will give your unique Instagram bio that extra dash of personality.
Additionally, you can highlight important news or events with some fancy lettering.
Symbols are another fun way to add some pizzazz. Again, you can find online tools like CoolSymbol, where you can just copy and paste the symbol you choose.
Try not to go overboard with them, though. You don’t want your bio to look too informal, do you?
Branded hashtags are a guaranteed method to boost engagement. Users can follow them and keep up with your brand at all times.
So, if there’s anything new you want to promote, include the hashtag in your professional Instagram bio. Your followers can use it for a chance to be featured or to participate in any contests you may want to initiate!
Add A Location To Your Bio
You can also add your address if you’re a public business or figure. It’s also useful if you want to target your local audience.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Go to Public Business Information and choose Contact Options.
- Click on Business Address and add your location.
- Save the changes.
Add An Emoji
When in doubt, add an emoji. They allow you to:
- Space out your text
- Freshen up text-heavy sections
- Highlight CTAs.
But, just like symbols, try to use them sparingly. Otherwise, your description may seem childish.
Best Instagram Bio Ideas
Here are some of the best-rated Instagram bio examples:
- Simplicity is the key to happiness.
- If I was a writer, I’d have a better Instagram bio quote.
- You can’t become the best without first being the worst.
- It won’t always be easy, but always try to do what’s right.
- Life is what happens to you while you scroll through Instagram.
- Hey, I’m on Instagram. Just like you!
- It’s my time to step into the spotlight, I’ve earned it.
- I practice what I post.
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 people who recommend things.
- Eat. Sleep. Create.
- Coupons, coupons, who wants a coupon?
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
- Making the impossible possible.
Cool Instagram Bios
Looking for a cool and funny Insta bio? We got you covered:
- Caffeine-dependent life form.
- Sometimes, the voices in your head are right.
- Come over to the dark side. We’ve got beer.
- I’m jealous of my parents. I’ll never have a kid as cool as them.
- All of my jokes land… somewhere.
- I’m an example to others — a bad example.
- I’m not lazy. I’m just highly motivated to sit on the couch.
- Common sense is like deodorant — those who need it most, never use it.
- If, at first, you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence.
- Sexy and knows it.
- The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.
- It’s not an attitude; it’s the way that I am.
- I do a thing called what I want.
Cool Instagram Bio Ideas For Girls
Feel free to peruse our collection of lady-like bios:
- She turned her can’ts into cans and her dreams into plans.
- Act like a lady, think like a boss.
- Your queen.
- Creating sunshine every day.
- If I’m going to be a mess, I may as well be a hot mess.
- She created a life she loved.
- As picky with men as I am with selfies.
- This day was a total waste of make-up.
- Wine + dinner = winner.
- Make them stop and stare.
- Walk it like I talk it.
- Heels allow me to see far.
- Might want to put some shades on because of my sparkle.
- No filters. All real girl here.
- Reminder: You’re beautiful.
- When you’re downie, eat a brownie.
Cool Instagram Bio Ideas For Boys
Here are some manly man options to start things off:
- In a world of worries, be the warrior.
- Work ‘til your signature becomes an autograph.
- Humble with a hint of Kanye.
- A man among men.
- Life is too short to update my Instagram bio.
- I get it from my mama.
- My level, get on it.
- Be unpredictable.
- Respect the unexpected.
- You can’t spell awesome without ME.
- Let’s create history — follow me.
- The best revenge is massive success.
- Life goes on with or without you.
- You can’t do epic stuff with basic people.
Creative and Motivational Instagram Bio Ideas
If you have a motivational lifestyle profile, these bios will fit right in:
- Believe, and you can achieve.
- We have tomorrows for a reason.
- When dreams become reality.
- Choose your own adventure.
- Don’t die with dreams; die with memories.
- The best of me is yet to come.
- When it’s dark, find the stars.
- There’s no chance unless you take one.
- Don’t listen to what they say. Go see for yourself.
- My goal is to create a life I don’t want to take a vacation from.
- You get what you give.
- Be anything but predictable.
- Fear is temporary; regret is forever.
- Love all, trust a few.
- Courage is being scared but doing it anyway.
Ideas for Instagram Bio That Will Get You More Followers
From using Instagram Stories to creating an engaging bio, the methods of getting more followers on Instagram are numerous. Need something that will help you grow your audience? Try these bios:
- Follow me on my journey.
- I’m a social media guru. No, really, I am.
- So grateful to be sharing my world with you.
- Follow me to greatness.
- Adding a little sparkle to your day. ✨
- Follow along to witness history in the making.
- I regret nothing you see in this feed.
- Don’t know what to do? You can start by hitting that follow button.
- Follow my Instagram or I’m nacho friend anymore.
- Sparkling kindness everywhere I go.
- If you want the tea, follow me. ☕
Instagram bio ideas are all about striking a balance between being informative and charming. You should present yourself clearly and give your followers a memorable one-liner.
It has to be something that will inspire and make them laugh. Or make them roll their eyes at you with how ridiculous it is. Hey, it works!
Of course, an irresistible bio isn’t everything.
You’ll still need to know the best timing for your post, refine your content, focus on SEO, etc. But, it’s an essential step nonetheless.
Good luck on your journey!
Selma is a content writer with a love for all things nerdy by day and an internet archaeologist that likes to dig up obscurities by night. Mostly she's trying to balance between many obsessions. Right now, it's bass playing and reading hard sci-fi about vampires in outer space - next week, who knows.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.