What Do Emojis Mean on Snapchat? Popular Emojis Explained
Updated · Jul 19, 2022
Back in the day, Snapchat took the internet by storm.
With 265 million daily users, it is the third most-used app in the United States for 2021. So, the implementation of the Emoji feature was imminent.
But what do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Let’s break it down!
What Do The Emojis Mean on Snapchat?
Before, the app had this built-in system called Best Friends. However, due to privacy issues, the system was substituted with a better one, with emojis.
The faces on Snapchat can:
- help you figure out who you interacted with the most
- remind you of life events (such as birthdays)
- show you important information about the user (like verified accounts)
The pictograph next to a user’s name can be affected by:
- the amount of time you’ve been friends with them
- the frequency of your communication
- your interaction with other users
To the main point.
Snapchat Emoji Meanings
Emojis, just like emoticons, express emotions. The difference is that the latter is made of letters and symbols, while the other is an actual picture of something.
All Snapchat emojis also represent real-life emotions. However, some of them are really confusing.
Here’s how it goes:
👶 Babyface emoji
- This emoji appears right after you add a person to your friend list and disappears after several days.
😊 Smiley face
- This marks your top friends in the app. The ones you share the most snaps with.
💛 Yellow heart
- This is one of the three hearts in Snapchat. It indicates that you two are each other's best friends in the app. You snap each other most often.
❤️ Red heart
- It replaces the yellow one if you two were best friends for more than two weeks in a row. Again, you must be each other’s most Snapchatted friend.
💕 Pink hearts
- A level up from the red are the pink Snapchat hearts. They show up if you’ve been best friends with someone for more than two months in a row. It requires impressive dedication!
🔥💯 Fire emoji
- It usually comes with a number that signals the length of your communication. Once you’ve shared photos for 100 days straight, a new emoji will pop up next to this one. Signifying that your streak has reached its 💯 day.
- This one indicates that your streak is coming to an end. And that you need to send each other a snap in order to keep it going. It usually appears next to your streak emoji.
😎 Sunglasses face emoji
- The emoji with sunglasses on Snapchat shows you that one of your best friends is also one of another user’s top buddies. This means you interact with the same people often. However, it won’t tell you which friend you share.
😬 Grimacing face
- The grimace face on Snapchat appears next to a user with whom you share the same best friend. It will appear even if you don’t interact with them at all.
😏 Smirking face
- It indicates that you rank higher in their friend list than they do in yours. To simplify, they send you more snaps than you send to them.
⭐ The Gold Star
- It signifies that this user has a snap that has been replayed in the last 24 hours. However, if you don’t allow snaps to be replayed, you can’t get this emoji.
🎂 Birthday cake
- This person has a birthday! Go and wish them a happy one!
✨ Sparkle emoji
- Ever since Snapchat introduced group chats, this emoji has started to show up. It indicates that you are in a group with this user.
♋ Zodiac signs emojis
- Anyone who has entered their birthday date will receive a purple emoji with their zodiac sign. However, you can only see it if you tap on his profile.
🎬💪 Verified user accounts
- These ones work as Instagram’s badge for verified accounts. They usually appear next to celebrities’ names. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger chose 💪. What a surprise!
Whew! 😰 That was quite the Snapchat emoji guide though!
How To Customize Snapchat Friend Emojis
Although the emojis on Snapchat are cool, you can change them.
For Android devices, you need to:
- Open My Profile and then tap on the Settings button
2. Then scroll down to the Manage section and click on Customize Emojis.
3. Next, you will be presented with every emoji currently in use. To change them, choose a category.
For iOS devices:
- Tap on the Settings button in My Profile.
- Scroll down and tap on Manage under the Additional Services section.
- Click on Friend Emojis and customize them as you wish.
With these emoji modifiers, you can enhance your in-app experience.
The cool Snapchat icons help you keep track of your relationship with your buddies. As a reflection of your interaction with people in the app, they can change regularly.
It might now be a bit harder to decipher the best friend rankings, but this is what you have us for. This guide will always be just a click
What does the 😎 😊 mean on Snapchat?
If you see a combination of those two smiley faces on Snapchat, it means:
- This is a person who you frequently chat with.
- You both share the same person as a close friend on the app.
What does 😬 😊 mean on Snapchat?
It means that you send each other snaps frequently, as well as share the same best friend.
What does 😊 mean on Snapchat?
This smiley face means that this user is one of your top friends, but not your bestie.
What does 😎 ❤ mean in Snapchat?
You share the same person as a top friend. Also, you two have been best friends for two weeks straight! For more info about what do the emojis mean on Snapchat and how to customize them, take a look at our article above!
Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.