Deyan is an avid enthusiast and self-proclaimed fan of the Windows operating system. His passion for... | See full bio
What Does the Upside Down Emoji Mean? All You Need To Know!
Updated · Jul 27, 2023
Lorie is an English Language and Literature graduate passionate about writing, research, and learnin... | See full bio
Ever wondered what does the upside down emoji mean? Are you using it correctly? When is the best time to include it in a message?
Stay with me, and you’ll learn everything about it and how to use it properly.
What Does the Upside Down Emoji Mean?
This emoji is mostly ironic – you aren’t actually smiling but breaking inside. The upside down smiley face can sometimes even mean frustration and distress.
However, it can also mean awkwardness or passive aggression. To be honest, the latter is the way most people use it.
When Can You Use it?
The upside down smiley emoji is best used for:
- Sarcasm: “I'm so happy to take two exams in one day [upside down emoji].”
- Feeling silly or something is goofy.
- Feeling upset: “I can’t believe that I didn't get the chance to participate [upside down smile].”
- Feeling awkward – this emoticon is a perfect choice.
- Feeling angry or embarrassed – by far the best situation for this smile.
- You’ve outdone yourself, and you’re feeling like a super-human: “I ran five miles, almost passed out [upside down happy face].”
- You’re panicking but want to look calm on the outside.
- And last but not least – you just need to finish a tiresome conversation.
As you can see, there are tons of ways to use the upside down smiley.
We communicate through messaging stickers and emoticons so much – 5 billion are sent daily on Facebook Messenger – and they all have many meanings.
Now that we’ve answered the question, what does the upside down emoji mean, go ahead and use it as you wish – there are plenty of options.
What does 🙃 mean from a guy?
This emoji often represents sarcasm and humor, and it’s also an indication of awkwardness and frustration. Most guys include it in their messages mainly for these reasons.
What does 🙃 mean from a girl?
From a girl’s perspective, this means to run for your life. All jokes aside, if a girl messages you this, she’s either angry or completely numb.
What does 🙃 mean from a friend?
You’ve probably wondered what does the upside down emoji mean from a friend at least once in your life. Well, they’re most likely angry with you for something you’ve done, or somebody has gotten on their nerves.
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Nov 30, 2023
Updated · Dec 05, 2023