What Is Quick Add on Snapchat? [All You Need To Know]
Updated · Oct 16, 2022
In the 21st century, people tend to devote quite a bit of their free time to social media. In fact, users spend about 2 hours and 24 minutes a day browsing their socials.
Especially for young people, the internet has become one of the main ways to make and maintain friendships. Considering this fact, it’s no surprise that social media sites and apps offer suggestions for new people to befriend.
Today, we’re going to discuss one particular suggestion function. I’ll tell you what Quick Add on Snapchat is and how it works.
Curious? Let’s go!
What Is Quick Add On Snapchat?
Quick Add is a function through which the Snapchat algorithm suggests people you may know or might interest you. It’s pretty much the same as the “People You May Know” section on Facebook.
How Does Quick Add Work?
There are a few reasons why a person might appear on your Quick Add list:
- You have mutual friends—the people your friends on the app have added will be in your Snapchat Quick Add list. Since the users you communicate with know them, the platform assumes you might too.
- You have similar profiles and interests—if you constantly post Stories about a particular topic, the app will recommend adding users who are interested in the same thing.
- They’re in your phone contact list—if you’ve granted the platform permission to access your contacts, the ones who have accounts will be suggested to you.
- Location—assuming you’ve allowed access to your location, the platform could suggest people you might’ve met at places you frequent.
Now, let me tell you how to use the Snapchat Quick Add feature:
When you open the app, tap on the Add Friends icon. It’s on the upper-right:
This will bring out the Quick Add list, as well as an Added Me one, where you’ll have all the friend requests you’ve received. If you see someone you know or like, you can send them a request yourself by tapping the +Add button:
As you can see, the platform informs you how many mutual friends you have with users on the list. It also tells you if someone has created their account recently.
Can Quick Add Be Disabled?
Quick Adds on Snapchat cannot be disabled. It’s a core feature of the platform.
However, you can get rid of individual suggestions. Tap on the gray “x” on the right of a user’s name to do so. Note that this way, you tell the app that you don’t know (or aren’t interested in) the person you remove from the list.
How To Remove Yourself From Quick Add?
If you’d like to stop receiving requests from Quick Adds and you don’t want your profile suggested to other users, you can remove yourself from any Snapchat Quick Add list.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app, and go to your account by tapping the icon on the upper-left:
- Then, tap on the Gear icon to go to Settings:
- You need to find See Me In Quick Add under the Who Can… section. Tap on it:
- Now, you need to verify if the box next to Show Me in Quick Add is checked or not. If it is—uncheck it. This way, your profile will stop being recommended to other people:
And you’re done! You won’t be in anyone’s Snapchat suggested friends anymore.
82% of young people between the ages of 18 and 24 use Snapchat daily. This means that the majority of the new generation uses the app for daily socializing.
So, it’s no surprise that Snapchat Quick Add is a key feature of the platform. Adding people on your socials makes the time spent there way more interesting. More accounts engage with what you post, there are more stories to browse through, and more friends to talk to.
Now that you know how to use and remove yourself from the feature, you can manage and expand your network of friends as you please.
Is Quick Add on Snapchat mutual friends?
There are a few reasons someone may show up on your list of Quick Adds on Snapchat. One of the main ones is knowing the same people. Friends of friends will often be suggested to you since the app assumes you may know them.
Who shows up on Quick Add?
The users that show up on your Quick Add list may:
- Have mutual friends with you
- Have similar interests to you
- Be on your phone contact list
- Frequent the same places as you
The algorithm takes all of that into consideration when suggesting people.
Is Quick Adding on Snapchat weird?
No, it’s not. What Quick Add on Snapchat is can be described as just an easy way to widen your online social circle.
Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.