Last Updated: July 3, 2021
- Users: 500,000+
- Analytics: Yes
- Free trial: Yes
- Deployment: Web-based
- Mobile version: iOS and Android
- Tailwind extension: Yes
- Scheduling calendar: Yes
- Hashtag suggestions: Yes
Easy Pinterest and Instagram scheduling
- User-friendly interface
- Finds the best times to post
- Easy scheduling and rescheduling
- Pin looping can save you much time
- Expensive add-ons
- Limited to Pinterest and Instagram only
- Built-in chat feature needs improvement
- Lack of filtering options for previously posted pins
$14.99/Monthly or $119.88/Annually
$14.99/Monthly or $119.88/Annually
What Is Tailwind?
With the ever-increasing popularity of Pinterest and Instagram, it may be time to up your social media strategy. Tailwind can help. This social media publishing tool gives you all the means to schedule posts for both platforms.
Pinterest is a social media network where people create interest boards to save relevant images linked to websites or product pages. Statistics show that Pinterest generates an average sale value of $50, which is much higher than other social networks.
Tailwind started in 2011 as a simple app that focused on Pinterest only. But because Instagram is in the top social media networks, Tailwind adapted its platform to support Instagram scheduling in addition to its already existing features.
The tool is used by more than 500,000 global brands and 400+ marketing agencies. These include Shopify, The Teachers Pay Union, and The New York Met Museum.
The Tailwind social media app is excellent for individuals, small teams, small businesses, and agencies. Our Tailwind review will show you all its got to offer so you can decide whether it’s the right tool for you.
In this part of our Tailwind review, we will show you the unique features for both Pinterest and Instagram.
As Tailwind started as a platform purely for Pinterest scheduling, you can imagine it has some great Pinterest marketing tools, including:
Scheduling pins for Pinterest is Tailwind’s main functionality. One of its main selling points is the ability to find the optimum time for publishing content.
You can view all scheduled pins in the Tailwind app, along with a snapshot of the image and the board. The padlock symbol means that the image is locked-into a time slot. There is a calendar view of the schedule, making it easy to reorder the pins.
Tailwind Communities, or tribes, are perhaps the most exciting features that this tool offers. Tribes are groups of Pinterest members who create content in similar niches.
You can post your pins into the groups for other members to add to their queue. All groups have different pin ratios, which shows the number of pins you have to save for every image you add. Using the communities is an easy and effective way to grow your reach, especially when you’re new to Pinterest.
Boart Lists are groups of boards that fall under the same category. The Tailwind publisher allows you to schedule the same pin on all of them. As you don’t have to manually schedule images that fit within the same niche, using this will save you lots of time.
SmartLoop is a feature that makes it easy to reshare your best pins at the most favorable times and get maximum engagement. You can save hours with this tool and circulate your images indefinitely.
The Pin Inspector lets you analyze the performance of individual pins. You can see the Board, Pin, Repins, and Comments or filter them by category, board, your website, or date. From here, you can reschedule old pins, add pins to your communities, or find similar content.
You can also use Tailwind for Instagram as it offers many unique tools for the social media giant, including:
Scheduling and Planning
The Tailwind scheduler makes it easy to plan multiple Instagram posts. The platform lets you plan, create, optimize, and analyze your Instagram posts in detail. Many Tailwind reviews show much praise for the auto-posting feature because it allows you to schedule stories and carousels.
The Instagram planning features worth highlighting in this Tailwind review start with the personalized post inspiration, where you can choose themes and get prompts with posts. You can also use the caption templates to be more creative with your captions and see the color-coded plans in the nine-grid so that you stay consistent.
Tailwind Hashtag Finder
While Communities and SmartLoop are for Pinterest marketing only, the Hashtag Finder is designed for Instagram users. It helps users find the most engaging hashtags for their Instagram posts.
You can instantly use the suggested hashtags or save them in a list. According to existing Tailwind reviews, this is a new feature but works wonders.
Overall Performance: User Interface and Ease of Use
Tailwind’s user interface is user-friendly and full of exciting features. Besides the standard publishing tools, the app lets you discover relevant content, schedule your posts in a calendar, monitor the conversations, and expand your reach. It also comes with powerful analytics.
Signing up to Tailwind is very easy. You can simply connect your Pinterest or Instagram account and get started with one of the plans. After that, the Tailwind app makes scheduling posts and pins a breeze.
We also enjoyed using the Tailwind browser extension. It helps you save images you find online to later schedule inside the tool. Installing it is easy, and it is very straightforward to use.
Analytics and Reporting
Tailwind uses the Pinterest and Instagram API to ensure accurate analytics. The tool lets you track trends on your profile, board, and individual posts.
In their Tailwind reviews, users praise the Profile Performance tab, which gives weekly totals of new Pinterest or Instagram followers, pins/posts, repins, and comments. Virality and Engagement levels can also be analyzed.
The Board Insights work similarly. You can choose between your individual, group, and private boards.
Tailwind Customer Support
Tailwind offers phone, email, and live chat support. The agents on the phone and email support were friendly and knowledgeable, but the live chat is by far the easiest way to communicate with the support team.
Alternatively, you can search for any answers in the in-depth knowledge base and FAQ page. The articles are broken down into separate categories, or you can use the search bar to find specific questions.
If you want more information, you can check out Tailwind’s blog. It includes tons of handy posts on how to make the most of Pinterest and Instagram for your social media strategy.
Tailwind also offers video tutorials on how to use the platform. On top of that, there is a free Pinterest course for email subscribers that teaches you how to grow your website traffic with this social media platform.
There are two Tailwind plans, one for Pinterest and one for Instagram. While you can only use one profile per subscription, Tailwind Instagram pricing is identical to the Pinterest plan:
- Monthly ($14.99/month): Schedule up to 400 pins per month, profile and board metrics, website insights, pin inspector, SmartSchedule, interval pinning, 250 active SmartLoop posts, five Tailwind Communities, Tailwind Create, and 30 monthly Community submissions.
- Annual ($119.88/year or $9.99/month): Schedule unlimited pins and everything on the monthly plan.
- Monthly ($14.99/month): Schedule up to 400 posts per month, SmartSchedule, Smart.bio, Hashtag Finder, Schedule Stories, Caption Formatting, Comment Monitoring, and Post Inspector.
- Annual ($119.88/year or $9.99/month): Schedule unlimited posts and everything on the monthly plan.
There are also custom plans for larger brands and agencies.
The best way to start is with the Tailwind free trial, which gives you the ability to schedule your first 100 pins on Pinterest.
While these prices seem attractive, we don’t like the add-ons as they rapidly drive up the Tailwind cost. As some of the features are limited on the regular plan, you can buy upgrades. This can make using the tool quite pricey. The PowerUps, as Tailwind calls them, include:
- Create Starter ($7.49/month or $74.04/year): Create 30 pin designs per month, favorite up to 10 designs, one million free stock photos, 100s of basic design elements, and automatically apply branding.
- Create Advanced ($14.99/month or $149/year): Create 100 pin designs per month, favorite up to 25 designs, five million premium stock photos, 10K+ premium design elements, upload custom fonts, and everything in the Create Starter plan.
- Create Max ($29.99/month or $299/year): Create 300 pin designs per month, favorite unlimited designs, 20 million premium stock photos, 50K+ premium design elements, and everything in the Create Advanced plan.
- SmartLoop Pro ($7.49/month or $59.88/year): 500 SmartLoop posts.
- SmartLoop Max ($14.99/month or $119.88/year): 1,000 SmartLoop posts.
- SmartLoop Elite ($29.99/month or $239.88/year): 2,500 SmartLoop posts.
- SmartLoop Unlimited ($44.99/month or $359.88/year): Unlimited SmartLoop posts.
- Communities Pro ($7.49/month or $59.88/year): 10 Community memberships and 80 monthly submissions.
- Communities Max ($14.99/month or $119.88/year): Unlimited Community memberships and 200 monthly submissions.
- Communities Unlimited ($44.99/month or $359.88/year): Unlimited Community memberships and unlimited monthly submissions.
PowerUp Bundle: If you’re planning on using the Tailwind software with the SmartLoop and Communities add-ons, you may want to look at the PowerUp Bundle. For $39.98/month (or $479/year), you get the yearly Tailwind Plus Plan, SmartLoops Unlimited, and Communities Unlimited, saving you $360.
Tailwind Review – Verdict
Tailwind is an excellent tool for any Pinterest or Instagram user. It helps create multiple posts at once, upload new content from various sources, and finds the best time to post. The Board Lists, SmartLoop, and Smart.Bio are unique features that help you increase your traffic, schedule pins faster, and measure your analytics.
The only downside of the Tailwind marketing platform is its expensive upgrades. While the base plans are quite affordable, adding any PowerUps can make it a pricey solution.
Overall, the insights and features in Tailwind make it a unique Pinterest and Instagram marketing platform, giving you a complete toolkit that you can use for both social networks.
The Tailwind Instagram Hashtag Finder is the easiest way to find the best hashtags. By typing in the caption of your post, you’ll automatically see related hashtags. Many Tailwind reviews show that this feature works wonders.
Yes, Tailwind is an official partner of Instagram.
Hashtags are used on social media posts to show the platform what topics your content covers. Simultaneously, it gives users an easy way to find accounts or pictures they like by searching for hashtags of their interest.