Do chatbots, robots, and digital assistants intrigue you?
What about automated vehicles and virtual assistants?
They’re all part of the world of artificial intelligence. AI is a field of computer science that focuses on the creation of a machine that can replicate human behavior.
The science fiction of yesterday quickly becomes reality. AI statistics surrounding the business and tech industries are changing. AI has already altered the way we think and interact with each other every day. Whether it’s in healthcare, education, or manufacturing, AI yields a great deal of success in nearly every industry.
Whether it’s AI’s effect on startups and investments, robotics, big data, virtual digital assistants, the full market overview, or voice search and recognition, the below stats will give you a better understanding of AI’s current state and its future scope.
- By 2025, the global AI market is expected to be almost $60 billion; in 2016 it was $1.4 billion
- Global GDP will grow by $15.7 trillion by 2030 thanks to AI
- AI can increase business producitivity by 40%
- AI startups grew 14 times over the last two decades
- Investment in AI startups grew 6 times since 2000
- Already 77% of the devices we use feature one form of AI or another
- Cyborg technology will help us overcome physical and cognitive impairments
- Google analysts believe that next year, 2020, robots will be smart enough to mimic complex human behavior like jokes and flirting
To realize how close we are to outsourcing most of our activities to intelligent robots, check out the detailed infographic. We at TechJury enjoyed thoroughly preparing it; hopefully, you will find it amusing and useful too.
It focuses mostly on narrow AI but also shows the mesmerizing resources poured into the industry that might lead to the discovery of true intelligence one day in the not-so-distant future
- Statistics Related to AI
- Voice Search and Artificial Intelligence Stats
- Digital Assistants and AI Stats 2017
- Machine Learning and the Benefits of AI Statistics
- AI Retail Stats
- Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence Facts and Figures
- Artificial Intelligence Facts 2017–2018
- AI Statistics 2019
- Scary Facts About Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence Growth
- Funny Facts About Artificial Intelligence
- Statistics about The Future of AI
- Summing Up
Statistics Related to AI
1. AI technology can enhance business productivity by up to 40%.
(Source: Source: Accenture)
Accenture researched the impact of AI in 12 developed countries. The study revealed that it could double economic growth rates by 2035. AI will enable people to use their time efficiently, which will increase their productivity by 40%. This is especially true for global IT economics.
2. Businesses with more than 100,000 employees are more likely to have a strategy that implements AI.
Some AI stats published in MIT Sloan Management Review show that three-quarters of executives believe AI will enable their company to expand and many believe that it will allow their enterprise to gain a competitive advantage.
3. 47% of established organizations have a defined AI strategy for mobile.
Well, this is one of the best artificial intelligence stats from 2018 that every business owner needs to know. As a part of their marketing efforts, 47% of the more advanced enterprises have applied an AI strategy to their mobile apps; additionally, 84% use a personalized strategy.
4. 41% of consumers believe artificial intelligence will improve their lives in some way.
(Source: Strategy Analytics)
There’s no denying that artificial intelligence has also dominated the technological landscape. With that said, consumers in India and China are more likely to embrace this technology.
5. Only 33% of consumers think they’re already using AI platforms.
This is one of the more interesting AI facts; only 33% think that they use technology that features artificial intelligence. The actual number is, shockingly, much higher. In reality, 77% use an AI-powered service.
6. 84% of global business organizations believe that AI will give them a competitive advantage.
84% of business organizations will adopt AI because it gives them a competitive advantage over their rivals. That is the conclusions, according to a 2017 artificial intelligence Statista study.
7. Only 17% of email marketers planned on using artificial intelligence in 2018.
17% of in-company respondents and 21% of agencies planned to innovate with AI in 2018. However, after a number of studies in 2018, AI has already proven to be a prominent technology in the marketing medium.
Voice Search and Artificial Intelligence Stats
8. 97% of mobile users are already using AI-powered voice assistants.
(Source: Creative Strategies)
According to a study by Creative Strategies, only 2% of iPhone owners have never used Siri, and only 4% of Android owners have never leveraged the power of OK Google. When it comes to usage, 51% use voice assistants in the car, 6% in public, and 1.3% at work.
9. 40% of people use voice search function at least once every day.
(Source: Location World)
With this percentage, it’s clear that the use of voice search is slowly becoming commonplace in people’s everyday lives.
10. 30% of web browsing and searches will be done without a screen by 2020.
Audio-centric technologies like Amazon Echo have access to dialogue-based information. According to the AI statistics provided by Gartner, the voice-first interaction will gain prominence in no time.
11. Around 4 billion devices already work on AI-powered voice assistants.
(Source: IHS MARKIT)
A press release by IHS Markit, a business information provider, found that 4 billion devices have AI-powered assistants, and this number will reach 7 billion by 2020.
Digital Assistants and AI Stats 2017
12. Nearly half of Americans use digital voice assistants.
(Source: Pew Research)
A 2017 Pew Research study showed that 46% of Americans use digital assistants to interact with their smartphones. Voice assistants are present on a diverse range of devices, so 42% of users have the tech on their smartphones, 14% of them use it on a computer or tablet, while 8% of them use it on a standalone device such as Amazon Echo or Google Home.
Machine Learning and the Benefits of AI Statistics
13. Google’s Machine Learning Program is 89% accurate.
With 89% accuracy, Google’s deep learning program is 15% more effective than pathologists.
14. In 2017, Netflix saved $1 billion by using machine learning.
Customers will give up on a search after 90 seconds, according to research conducted by Netflix, supported by other artificial intelligence statistics from 2017. With this in mind, Netflix implemented a working machine learning algorithm that now automatically recommends personalized movies and TV shows to subscribers.
15. 36% of executives say that their primary goal for incorporating AI is to optimize internal business operations.
(Source: Harvard Business Review)
The project report on HBR says that AI can support three types of business capabilities: automating business processes, engaging with customers and employees, and gaining insights through data analysis.
16. 20% of C-suite uses machine learning.
A paper by McKinsey shows that 20% of C-level executives across ten countries consider machine learning to be a core part of their business.
AI Retail Stats
17. With machine learning, Amazon reduced its “click to ship” time to 15 minutes, a 225% decrease.
According to McKinsey’s research into AI statistics, Amazon strategically acquired Kiva, a robotics company that automates the process of picking and packing in the warehouse. With Kiva, the average click-to-ship time is 15 minutes, which is a 225% improvement from where it was.
18. 87% of AI adopters said that they were using, or at least considering using, AI for sales forecasts and to improve their email marketing.
Statista conducted an online survey of 1,028 respondents in 2017 and found that 61% of them were planning to use AI for sales forecasting.
Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence Facts and Figures
19. By 2020, 85% of customers’ relationships with business enterprises will be managed without human involvement.
Currently, virtual assistants like Alexa and Siri have an excellent understanding of our language. They decipher the meaning of what humans say and, at times, make a judgment as well. With increasing innovation, these chatbots can also be used to automate even more responses of basic client queries.
20. 67% of people expect to use messaging apps to talk to a business, which makes chatbots quite significant.
(Source: Chatbots Magazine)
Live chat has taken over customer care. Chatbots are one of the simplest ways to solve a problem. They give consumers an immediate response, and this real-time exchange has changed consumers’ communication preferences.
21. 38% of consumers on a global level prefer to use chatbots.
(Source: Business Insider)
A survey of 5,000 consumers across six countries found that 38% rated their overall perception of chatbots as positive. 11% had a negative perception, while 51% gave a neutral statement.
Artificial Intelligence Facts 2017–2018
22. Informatica has an AI-influenced addition on its platform.
On May 16, 2017, Informatica, a data management firm, announced an AI addition to their data platform, Claire. The firm says that it will make it easy to find, use, and visualize data.
23. Accenture, an IT company, released its testing services for AI systems.
Powered by the “Teach and Test” methodology, these services will help companies monitor and measure the artificial intelligent products within their in-house systems.
24. 27% of executives say that their organization plans to invest in AI cybersecurity safeguards.
This is one of our most vital AI facts for 2018. You might plan to go slow on AI implementation, but with cyber attacks growing every day there’s no benefit in holding back.
The more AI systems you use in your organization, the easier it will be to defend from cyber attacks. There are some companies that are already building AI-enabled cloud-based threat lakes and more.
AI Statistics 2019
25. By 2019, start-ups will surpass the leading giants like Google, IBM, Microsoft, and Amazon in driving the AI economy.
There are many AI startups owned by former employees of large corporations; after all, forming a new company with a focus on artificial intelligence is a great way to get ahead of the curve. Startups are finding new ways to implement custom AI solutions.
26. 40% of digital transformations and 100% of initiatives based on the internet of things will be supported by AI.
These AI stats for 2019 provided by IDC FutureScape presentations show that the above efforts and initiatives will all be supported by both artificial intelligence and cognitive abilities. There is a major transition happening right now, and 2019 will see several new developments in artificial intelligence.
Scary Facts About Artificial Intelligence
27. Machines can take over our jobs.
Well, this is one of the important points that everyone wants to know about and probably already fears. According to the report from PwC, a consultancy firm, researchers say that automated bots could take up to 38% of the jobs in the US, 30% of the jobs in the UK, 21% in Japan, and 35% in Germany.
Artificial Intelligence Growth
28. The number of AI startups since 2000 has increased 14 times.
AI has been gathering momentum for nearly two decades now. Forbes data shows new AI companies have been launched 14 times more often since the turn of the century, while investments in AI startups has increased 6 times.
Funny Facts About Artificial Intelligence
29. The Washington Post’s “AI Writer” wrote more than 850 stories during the Rio Olympics.
(Source: The Washington Post)
The Washington Post tried leveraging AI to report on key information during the 2016 Rio Olympics. They developed a writer, named Heliograf, who was used to generate multi-sentence updates to readers. It processed a combination of different data sources and then customized around 850 stories, depending on user requests.
30. Google’s AI expert thinks that by 2020 AI robots will be cleverer than humans.
(Source: The Guardian)
They will be able to make jokes, tell stories, and even flirt.
Statistics about The Future of AI
31. 72% of execs believe that AI will be the most significant business advantage of the future.
AI will increase labor productivity and optimize business efficiency by 67%, automate communication by 70%, and improve data analytics by 59%, according to AI predictions.
32. AI will automate 16% of American jobs.
Forrester has forecasted a few of the major AI adoption statistics, saying that cognitive technologies like AI will also create a few jobs; however, even with that addition, automation will replace a net of 7% of US jobs by 2025.
33. Machine learning is predicted to grow by 48% in the automotive industry.
Both semi- and fully autonomous vehicles will entirely rely on AI systems. However, the impact will not be restricted to autonomous driving. Suppliers will also be able to use AI to personalize their cars and make them more convenient. With this, the compound annual growth could increase by 48.3%.
34. 15% of enterprises are using AI, and 31% of them say that it is their agenda for the next 12 months.
This is one of the most important statistics about artificial intelligence. According to the survey, AI—its ability to deal with massive amounts of data—is one of the main drivers of the creative renaissance occurring within the business today.
35. By 2020, customer insights–driven businesses will see $1.2 trillion more per year than their less-informed peers.
We are living in an era where the customer influences everything. Customers who are connected to a brand have more control over their purchases, get more personalized experiences from brands, and also get incredible customer service.
So by 2020, according to these AI stats, there are chances that the brands offering a customer-centric experience will see more success, revenue, and profit.
36. Financial services are the future of AI
According to the latest research and AI statistics, financial services companies will spend $11 billion on artificial intelligence in 2020.
Experts claim that it will be well-spent money since it will improve areas such as fraud-prevention, improving user experience, and streamlining underwriting.
It is already a fact, the AI engineer jobs available on Monster right now are thousands. Machine learning and voice recognition positions are getting equal traction.
Artificial intelligence will be everywhere in a few years. You’ll be able to find it in all kinds of devices, in the automotive and healthcare industries, and in education.
AI will impact on everything, even jobs. It’s expected that robots and machines will perform the majority of jobs currently done by humans, but this scenario shouldn’t happen for another 50 years.
The above-mentioned AI statistics all show how artificial intelligence influences our lives right now and how this influence will only expand in the future. AI devices will impact your work productivity, chatbots will provide an incredible customer experience, and digital assistants will streamline all your daily activities. Even marketers will adopt effective artificial intelligence trends in order to reap the maximum ROI.
- Strategy Analytics
- Creative Strategies
- Location World
- IHS MARKIT
- Pew Research
- Harvard Business Review
- Chatbots Magazine
- Business Insider
- The Washington Post
- The Guardian