How to Change Google Background on Desktop, iOS, and Android
Updated · Jul 19, 2022
Most people use Google’s search function often. So we’re familiar with the tech giant’s search page, which looks fairly plain. Hopefully, your search results aren’t as its background - basic and boring. But did you know you can choose a different look?
Well, you can, and we will show you how to change your Google background on desktop computers and mobile devices.
How to Change Google Background?
Imagine if you could set a custom Google background and change it whenever you want.
Read below for the different ways to achieve this.
In Chrome Using an Image
Making a Google wallpaper change with an image on Chrome couldn’t be easier. Here are the three easy steps:
- Click on the Customize button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the Background option.
- Click on the Upload from the Device option and select your image.
In Chrome for Desktop
Follow the below steps to change your browser background.
- To change the Chrome background, tap on the three-dot menu located in the upper-right corner of the display.
- Go to Settings.
- On the left part of your display, click Appearance.
- Select Theme.
- The Chrome Web Store will appear where you can choose from many Chrome custom background options.
- Pick your favorite, then click the Add to Chrome button.
The changing of the Chrome background should take effect immediately.
In the Google App on iOS
Unfortunately, users of iOS cannot modify their Google home screen background in Chrome or the Google app. What you can do, however, is change the background in the Google home screen widget by following the below instructions.
- Open the Google app on your iOS device.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Go to General.
- Tap on Widgets.
- Browse and select the Widget background you prefer.
- Go back to your iPhone’s home screen and do a long tap.
- A list of available widgets should pop up. Select the one for Google search, then tap on the Add widget button.
- The previously selected widget with your selected background is added to the display. You may move it to your desired screen or location.
Note that you can follow these same steps on other iOS devices.
Customizing Google Background in an Android App
Things are a bit trickier if you want to apply a new design on Google’s home page on mobile. Unfortunately, you can’t do this directly with the well-known app. However, if you’re willing to switch to the search giant’s alternate app, then you will be able to customize your Google background.
- Install and open Google Go on your Android smartphone.
- Locate and tap on the gear icon that sits in the upper-right corner of the display.
- Click the Choose wallpaper option at the top of the screen.
- Select a picture you want as the background from your library.
- Press Set wallpaper.
- The new image should replace the standard white background that greets you whenever opening the Google Go app.
While Google Go provides some mobile flexibility, it's not nearly as much as what you have when customizing your desktop background. You receive dark mode options but no themes or image-changing capabilities.
Google's search engine is effective and helpful for users. And to do that, it stripped away all of the fancy graphics and other homepage features.
As a result, the search engine home page can look too basic for some. There's not much to look at with a boring search box against a big white screen.
Fortunately, after reading this article, you know how to change your Google background.
Deyan has been fascinated by technology his whole life. From the first Tetris game all the way to Falcon Heavy. Working for TechJury is like a dream come true, combining both his passions – writing and technology. In his free time (which is pretty scarce, thanks to his three kids), Deyan enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Always with a few chargers and a couple of gadgets in the backpack. He makes mean dizzying Island Paradise cocktails too.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.