Muninder Adavelli is a core team member and Digital Growth Strategist at Techjury. With a strong bac... | See full bio
How To Unblock Snapchat Anytime, Anywhere in 2023 [All The Methods Explained]
Updated · Aug 29, 2023
Terry spends her time researching all things digital — from marketing through online business crea... | See full bio
Snapchat has become massive since it has empowered users to capture memories with loved ones. Other platforms like Facebook and Instagram later adapted Snapchat's unique feature called "Stories."
This is one of the most popular messaging apps, with 375 million active daily users. However, many countries and locations have banned Snapchat, often due to geographical restrictions and censorship.
In this article, learn how to unblock Snapchat from your phone.
Methods to Unblock Snapchat
Some countries and locations block Snapchat. This restriction means you cannot access or use the app while using the network in these nations. To name a few of these countries are:
- North Korea
Other locations block access to social media platforms to reduce workplace distractions or protect students' information in schools.
In the following sections, discover the methods to unblock Snapchat and still use the app anywhere you are.
Unblock Snapchat Using a Proxy
A proxy acts as a middleman server between your device and the internet. It helps hide your device's IP address. As a result, the proxy makes it seem like your connection comes from a different location.
Using a proxy provides various advantages for Snapchat users. Some of them are:
- Accessing Snapchat within restricted areas or countries
- Bypassing limitations on having many accounts
- Unblocking Snapchat when using banned networks
Using Snapchat can be illegal in some countries. Check the place’s laws or guidelines before using this app to avoid legal consequences.
Before using a proxy server to unblock Snapchat, it is crucial to understand geo-blocking. Then, you can try SmartProxy, one of the best proxy servers on the market. It can help bypass geoblocking and other IP bans with flexible pricing starting at $12.5/GB.
SmartProxy’s products include:
- Residential proxy
- Site Unblocker
- Static Residential Proxy
- Mobile Proxies
- Datacenter Proxy
- Dedicated DC Proxy
To start using this on an Android, here’s how:x
On the other hand, if you’re using an iPhone, here’s how to install Smartproxy:
On the next one, you’ll discover more options for proxy servers.
Alternative Proxies for Unblocking Proxy
For instance, try other trustworthy SmartProxy alternatives. Read on and find out more about them.
Define custom rules for optimized results with Bright Data. This proxy server claims to be the most reliable proxy network globally, with the following products:
- ISP (Static)
When using Oxylabs, you can gather information as an organic customer. Apart from that, you'll enjoy the perks of:
- Accessing content from different locations
- Choosing how to control your proxies
- Using concurrent sessions
- Scraping data without interruption
Protect your privacy with SSL Private Proxy. This proxy server allows you to have high anonymity and surf in private. SSLPrivate Proxy mainly offers these products:
- Private proxies
- Instagram proxies
- Pinterest proxies
- Classified ads proxies
As its name suggests, High Proxies provides its users with high-performing and premium proxies. This company offers speedy and dependable social media proxies tailored explicitly for social media platforms.
Those offers require High Proxies to serve unused and dedicated IP addresses. This alternative has these products:
- Social media proxies
- Private proxies
- Classified ads
- Shared proxies
Formerly Blazing SEO Proxy, Rayobyte stands by its tagline, "Real People. Real Proxy." This proxy server wants to be their customers' proxy partner in ensuring a great internet experience.
Some of Rayobyte’s best products are:
- Residential proxies
- ISP Proxies
- Data Center proxies
- Mobile proxies
Ensure to rotate the IP address regularly to avoid detection. Also, stay within the terms of service of Snapchat to avoid account bans or penalties.
Access Snapchat With a VPN
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) creates a strong and secure connection between your device and the internet. A VPN allows you to enjoy the following benefits:
- Encrypts the data that travels to and from your device, making third parties not have access to your data
- It hides your IP address, causing you to bypass restrictions and block.
A VPN helps secure your line to access Snapchat in places where it is banned. Mainly, NordVPN is a reliable VPN provider that offers these benefits:
- Privacy and security as you go online with Snapchat
- Cyberattack threat protection
- Dedicated IP
- Private DNS
- 24/7 Customer Support
The first query you presumably have if you are unfamiliar with the technology is, "What does VPN stand for?" VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. This article discusses a VPN's specifics.
To begin using NordVPN on an Android device, here are the steps:
- From the Google Play Store, download the NordVPN application.
- Open the app and click the Login option.
- Fill in your NordVPN Credentials and tap Login.
- You'll get a security feature notification when logging in for the first time. Click Quick Connect to connect to a VPN server.
- There will be default notifications for VPN connections. After reading, click Continue and tap the check box. Click Ok.
- Tap a map pin to choose a country, then tap Quick Connect. This button will turn green to indicate a successful connection.
Here is how to install NordVPN on an iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad:
- Install and open the NordVPN app from the App Store. Click the person icon and Sign in.
- Enter your NordVPN credentials and tap Sign In. Click Quick Connect.
- There will be default prompts and warnings regarding VPN connections. After reading, tap on Got it and Allow.
- The app must confirm your identity by entering your pin or any other security feature. You are now connected to a server.
- To connect to other countries, click Disconnect and Pick a Server. Pick a server and wait for the location pin to turn green.
For instance, you want to use other VPN servers. Learn about them in the next section.
NordVPN utilizes obfuscation technology to bypass network blocks on Snapchat. It disguises VPN traffic as regular internet traffic, making it impossible for the network to distinguish it.
Alternative VPNs for Unblocking Snapchat
To discover other trustworthy options for NordVPN, continue reading for further information.
Surfshark is a well-known VPN service that offers affordable rates and reliable technology for unblocking websites like Snapchat. It operates in 10 countries and provides stable and fast connection speeds.
It guarantees a web experience without:
- Cookie pop-ups
This VPN provider allows five secure connections with one subscription. It further offers the following perks:
- Ultra-fast global access in 94 countries
- Instant online protection
- Live customer support (24 hours)
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN can accommodate 8 primary devices like iOS, Android, Linux, etc.
For CyberGhost VPN, anonymity and privacy are the top priorities. On top of that, this VPN provider is based in Romania, where there are robust privacy laws. CyberGhost reflects these values as it assures that it doesn't keep records of:
- IP address
- Accessed websites
- Browsing history
- Session duration
- Bandwidth usage
- VPN server connections
As its name suggests, IPVanish makes your IP address disappear to safeguard your digital freedom. It claims to provide these features:
- Ultra-fast connection speed
- Advanced encryption
- Unmetered bandwidth and devices
- Verified no=traffic- logs policy
- Support for Netflix, ESPN, and other apps
- Customer support is available 24/7
Like other alternatives, Private VPN ensures an encrypted and secure connection that hides your IP address. This VPN provider provides high-level protection with the following benefits:
- 2048-bit Encryption With AES-256
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Zero data logging policy
- Unlimited speed and bandwidth
- Available in 63 countries
- Complete customer support
If you’re uncertain which one to use, this article can help you learn which is ideal: Proxy or VPN.
Snapchat could be helpful and fun if it is accessible in your area. If not, you can access this app and bypass blocks using a proxy or VPN.
SmartProxy and NordVPN are good proxy and VPN providers for a secure and private connection. You can also try the alternative VPN and proxy providers mentioned above to unblock Snapchat.
Can Snapchat ban your Apple ID or phone?
Yes, if you violate their service terms, Snapchat can ban your account or phone. It's best to contact Snapchat support to address this concern.
Can you change your Snapchat location manually?
Yes, it is possible to manually modify your Snapchat site using an app, proxy, or VPN. On the one hand, iAnyGo lets you alter your SnapMaps location. At the same time, NordVPN and SmartProxy can change your IP address location.
Will a factory reset remove the Snapchat ban?
No, resetting your phone will not change the identifiers for your phone. These details allow Snapchat to recognize your device and account as banned.
Can you get banned on Snapchat for using a VPN?
Yes, Snapchat can ban your account if it sees that the version is sending spam using a VPN.
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Nov 30, 2023
Updated · Dec 05, 2023