With more than five years of experience in the background check industry, Ritesh Kumar founded Looku... | See full bio
Remove Your Information From Nuwber With 6 Easy Steps
Updated · Aug 15, 2023
Girlie is an accomplished writer with an interest in technology and literature. With years of experi... | See full bio
Nuwber is a people search site with around 8.2 million monthly visitors. It is one of the most reliable tools for finding someone’s name, home address, phone number, social media profiles, and criminal records.
While it seems useful, the personal information that Nuwber collects can also be used for identity theft or internet abuse. Disturbingly, 41% of US adults experience online harassment.
This is why you should restrict the display of private information on the web. Continue reading to find out how you can opt out of Nuwber.
How to Remove Yourself From Nuwber?
Nuwber is also considered a data broker. It gathers information from public sources and compiles them into profile listings.
According to statistics, there are more than 2,000 cyberattacks that happen each day. Having millions of personal records, data broker sites like Nuwber are prey to the online onslaught. This puts your info at risk.
💡 Did You Know?
The good thing is it only takes a few minutes to remove your information from Nuwber. You don't even have to sign up or pay anything when manually submitting an opt-out request.
Follow these steps to initiate the process:
- Go to Nuwber and search for your listing by entering your name, city, and state.
2. Find your listing from the search results. Click View Details.
3. Scroll down at the bottom of the page and click on Nuwber Opt Out.
4. You will be redirected to the opt-out page: https://nuwber.com/removal/link. It should show an opt-out form filled with your profile listing’s URL. Click Opt Out.
5. Enter your email address and click on Remove. If you are uncomfortable giving out your email, use a disposable or masked email.
6. Wait for the confirmation email. Once received, click on Confirm Request.
It might take 24-48 hours to extract all your personal information from Nuwber’s database. However, your listing will be cleared from the website once you complete the opt-out form.
Other Ways To Opt Out of Nuwber
You can also get your information from Nuwber using third-party removal tools or by directly contacting Nuwber. Let’s take a look at each option.
Use Data Removal Tools
There are hundreds of data brokers online. Most offer an easy-to-follow opt-out process, but doing it for each site takes time.
This is where removal tools come into play. Here are some removal tools you can use to opt out of multiple people search platforms:
Incogni From Surfshark
Incogni boasts 180+ people search site coverage, saving you 300+ hours of work. It is easy to use with a user-friendly interface. These are for a competitive price of $6.49 monthly for an annual plan.
🎉 Fun Fact:
Here’s how to start using Incogni:
1. Go to the Incogni website and sign up for an account.
2. You’ll see a welcome pop-up. Click Start the Process.
3. Fill in the form to help Incogni find your information from data broker sites.
4. Sign the Power of Attorney document to give Incogni the right to request the removal of your data on your behalf.
5. Confirm your email.
6. Choose a plan and process payment.
After submitting the payment, Incogni will contact the data brokers to remove your personal information. You can track the progress of each request on your dashboard.
DeleteMe is another popular data removal tool that covers 35+ major people search sites. They removed 20 million listings. DeleteMe is a paid service, and a standard subscription costs $10.75 monthly for an annual plan.
🎉 Fun Fact:
Here’s how to sign up for DeleteMe:
1. Go to the DeleteMe page and click Sign Up.
2. It will immediately ask you to choose a plan.
3. Choose your email and password, then enter your billing information.
4. Click on Purchase and Start Deleting.
You’ll be redirected to your dashboard, where you can track the progress of the opt-out requests, update your information, and access DeleteMe’s regular report.
Contact Customer Support
If you have an issue with your existing opt-out request or want a live rep to remove you, contact Nuwber’s hotline. You can also fill out their contact form or send them an email.
Nuwber Customer Support
Hotline: (844) 812-1292
Email: [email protected]
Nuwber does not have chat support at the moment.
Nuwber regularly collects personal information, making a single opt-out request insufficient. It's highly recommended to check periodically or schedule opt-out submissions every few months.
By actively managing your data and controlling your online presence, you can lower the risk of your information falling into the wrong hands or being misused.
🔐 Security Note:
How quickly will Nuwber remove my data?
The removal process should be completed within 24-48 hours. If you can still see your listing after this time frame, contact Nuwber at (844) 812-1292 or fill out their contact form.
How did Nuwber get my information?
Your email address will not be published.