Daniel is a curious thinker that loves everything about tech. If he spots something interesting, res... | See full bio
How to Change the Discord Notification Sound Easily?
Updated · Jul 27, 2023
A large number out of almost 400 million Discord users are wondering how to change the Discord notification sound as they want to personalize their experience.
Well, as long as you and they are using Windows or Android, you can change your notification sounds via BetterDiscord for desktop or your phone’s Apps section.
Read on as we thoroughly cover both procedures.
How to Change the Discord Notification Sound on Desktop
While there are a couple of ways to update your Discord notification sounds, BetterDiscord is the simplest option with only a few straightforward steps:
- Download the BetterDiscord enhancement app;
- Get the NotificationSounds plugin via Discord’s website;
- Open the app, access the ‘Plugins’ tab, and open the plugins folder;
- Locate the NotificationSounds file and open it in Discord;
- Activate NotificationSounds via the side toggle button;
- Open the plugin’s settings to add your preferred custom sounds.
At the end of the day, BetterDiscord’s functionality extends far beyond changing Discord’s sounds, as it allows you to add a ton of new and flexible plugins, from changing the default theme to adding additional controls, emojis, badges, and much more.
How to Change the Discord Notification Sound on Mobile
You can also easily change the app’s default notification sounds if you prefer using Discord on your phone, provided you own an Android device. Also, even if the process varies slightly from phone to phone, you still have to follow these or similar steps:
- Open the settings menu and navigate to the ‘Notifications’ tab;
- Click on ‘Get notifications outside of Discord’;
- Tap on ‘Notification categories’ once the phone settings open;
- Click on the notification category you want to edit;
- a) We chose to edit the sound for ‘Incoming calls’ here.
- Tap on sound to access the list of available sound files;
- Choose from your default sounds and downloaded files.
Once you complete the above steps, navigate back to Discord’s ‘Notifications’ section and ensure you have activated the option to receive app notifications.
With that out of the way, there are plenty of other ways to customize your Discord experience, from setting your status to adding bots to your channels.
Note: The above steps apply to Samsung phones using the OneUI skin.
At the end of the day, both mobile and desktop Discord users can easily change the platform’s notification sounds to improve their experience. However, these customization options are currently limited to the Windows and Android platforms, so iOS and macOS users must wait and hope for the same functionality or simply switch their OS.
How do you get the secret Discord sound?
On rare occasions, Discord may play a secret ringtone when you are getting a call, which is a random and low-chance occurrence that you cannot manually activate as of yet.
What are the Easter eggs in Discord?
In addition to many useful features, the Discord developers have included plenty of Easter eggs you can discover or activate while using the app, from activating a pure black theme to hearing the Discordo sound when you start the app.
How to change the discord notification sound on iPhone?
Unfortunately, as of the time of writing this article, iOS does not allow you to change the Discord notification sounds on an iPhone.
Your email address will not be published.
Updated · Nov 30, 2023
Updated · Dec 05, 2023