How to Find a Proxy Server Address [All You Need To Know]
Updated · Aug 02, 2022
Proxy servers increase your internet privacy and help you access location-blocked content and websites by allowing you to hide your IP address. If you set up your proxy with the proper instruction, it should work fine, but you may still face some issues with the network.
Knowing how to find a proxy server address is crucial in successfully troubleshooting these issues. Plus, you’ll need the proxy server address if you wish to connect another device to the network. Our guide provides instructions on how to find your server’s IP quickly.
How to Find a Proxy Server Address?
The following presents ways to check for a proxy address via your computer or browser.
Check Computer Settings
Check which address your computer (Windows or Mac) uses for a connection.
Take the following easy steps to do this for Windows.
1. Type Internet Options in the search bar. (Alternatively, go to this window via Control Panel);
2. The Internet Properties window will open;
2. Click the Connections tab and go to LAN settings;
3. Check the proxy settings and address with more details about the network connection—where you’ll also be changing proxy settings if there are some glitches in your proxy.
Take the following steps if you own a Mac.
- Select Open Network Preferences or System Preferences;
- Click Network;
- Go to Advanced;
- Click the Proxies tab to run a proxy check;
- See the options for the proxies you use.
Check Browser Settings
In addition to checking your computer connections, you can view browser settings to find your proxy address and configure the proxy. Consider the following top five most popular browsers for this purpose.
1. Click the three-dot menu and go to Settings;
2. On the left, click System;
3. Click ‘Open your computer’s proxy settings’, where you’ll find your proxy IP address.
If you own an Apple device and browse via Safari, you can look for your proxy server IP by taking the following steps:
1. Go to the Safari menu;
2. Go to Preferences;
3. Click the Advanced tab;
4. Go to the Proxies section, then Change Settings;
5. You’ll see your Mac’s current settings.
Follow these steps to find your proxy IP address on Firefox.
1. Open the Firefox menu, then Settings;
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Network Settings;
3. Click Settings, and a window will show where you can check the proxy and run any other network and connection settings.
Take the following steps if you use Microsoft Edge and want to find the proxy server address.
1. Click the Edge menu icon;
2. Scroll to Advanced settings;
3. Click ‘View advanced settings’;
4. Scroll down to find ‘Proxy setup’ under Downloads;
- Click ‘Open settings’, and a window will show your current settings, where you can locate your proxy server IP address or manage other proxy-related matters.
Take the following steps if you run Opera.
1. Click on the Opera menu and scroll down to find the full browser settings;
2. A separate tab will open;
3. Use the search bar and type ‘proxy’, where you’ll see the following screen;
4. Upon clicking on ‘Open your computer’s proxy settings’, you’ll see a window showing your current web proxy address and all other settings to manage your proxies.
Proxy Server Detectors
If you don’t wish to search for your internet proxy settings, you can use proxy server detectors—websites that detect whether you’re running a proxy IP or have your actual IP exposed.
The most popular proxy server check platforms include WhatIsMyIp, WhatIsMyProxy, and WhatIsMyIpAddress, which will automatically show your IP immediately upon opening their link. If you’ve correctly configured your IP, you’ll see your address.
Using a proxy helps improve your online security by hiding your actual address. Proxies also surpass the geolocation content restrictions so that you can access all the websites you desire.
A web proxy should work well and make your online experience smooth If configured correctly. Some proxies, however, may slow down and exhibit glitches. In this case, you’ll need to find your proxy address and port number and reset your computer settings or browser.
Is the proxy address the IP address?
A proxy is an IP address that belongs to a server. It’s an address you use instead of your own to mask your online presence. Additionally, using a proxy IP protects you while surfing the internet.
What does a proxy number look like?
By checking your LAN settings, you can find your proxy number—a few numbers, each separated from the next by a period. If you configured the proxy, it should show under the HTTP proxy box.
How do I create a proxy?
In addition to using proxy servers, you can set up your own. You’ll need a web host (PHP7 or greater), cURL, and the host’s permission to run a proxy server. You can also download and install PHP Proxy for free. Then, edit the file config.php to add a random value to $config['app_key']= ' '. Your proxy will then be ready, and you won’t need to learn how to find a proxy server address.
Velina describes herself as passionate media savvy and a versatile individual with numerous different interests, most a result of her Media & Communications BA. She has also developed a keen interest in Digital Marketing and Advertising. Her never-ending desire to constantly learn new things and enrich herself and her ultimate dream to go around the globe before 45 are her driving forces.
Latest from Author
Your email address will not be published.